Solano dispatchers get pay raise with new medical clearance requirement
FAIRFIELD — Solano County supervisors on Tuesday approved a 3.5% wage increase with members of the Service Employees International Union Local 2021.
The agreement applies to classifications of Public Safety dispatchers, including supervisors, for an emergency medical dispatch certificate.
“The Solano County Sheriff’s Office has purchased software that will require all dispatchers to follow pre-arrival medical instructions. Essentially, when life-threatening medical emergencies are identified, dispatchers would be trained to identify the problem and direct the caller to appropriate and timely intervention to potentially save a life,” the staff report to the board reads.
In other actions, the council:
• Approval of a three-year, $450,000 contract with Kaiser Permanente to provide pre-employment screenings and medical examinations from July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2025.
• modification of the monthly salary scale for entry-level accountants from $5,435 to $6,607; accountant from $6,218 to $7,559; senior accountant from $7,077 to $8,603; and registered vet tech at $4,733 to $5,753.
• Established countywide appropriations limit at $813.6 million, county Consolidated Service Area appropriations limit at $312,043; and the East Vallejo Fire Protection District appropriations limit at $1.44 million for fiscal year 2022-23.
• Approval of a $150,000 agreement with Anchor Singh Painting of Sacramento for the interior painting project for building 1 of the juvenile detention center located at 740 Beck Ave., Fairfield; and authorized the county administrator or designate to execute the agreement and any amendments within the approved project budget.
• Approval of six three-year master service agreements – effective June 20 with CSW/Stuber-Stroeh Engineering Group Inc. of Novato; DLR Group Inc. of Sacramento; Gilbane Building Company of Sacramento; Indigo I Hammond + Playle Architect LLP of Davis; Interactive Resources Inc. of Richmond; and Salas O’Brien Engineers Inc. of Concord – to provide consulting services as needed to support approved capital improvement projects.
• Approval of a $96,521 agreement with EnPro Elevator Inc. of Rancho Cordova for the Law & Justice East elevator upgrade project located at 530 Union Ave. in Fairfield.
• Set July 26 for a notified public hearing to review overdue accounts for mandatory garbage collection, disposal and recycling services in the unincorporated areas of Vacaville, Dixon, Elmira, Rio Vista, Vallejo, Fairfield and Suisun City; and approved an administrative fee of $62 for lien processing.
• Approval of a $100,000 annual revenue agreement with the California Department of Veteran Affairs from July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2024, to expand and/or improve mental health services to veterans residing in or returning to the county of Solano after their military service.
• Approval of $111,000 to replace an engine and transmission assembly for the 2007 Almar 28-foot patrol boat operated by the Sheriff’s Marine Patrol. The purchases will be financed by the savings realized on the contractual services.
• Authorized the District Attorney to enforce a revenue contract amendment of $75,586, for a total contract of $302,344, with the California Victims Compensation Board through June 30, 2023.
• Appointed Thomas Stuebner as the Community Workforce Representative to the Solano County Workforce Development Board for a term expiring June 6, 2026.