Mario Balotelli is DENIED from Brescia training after medical certificate blunder
Mario Balotelli walks away after being refused entry to training by a Brescia security guard and told to leave his HQ after a medical certificate error as the Serie A club desperately seek to fire him .
- Brescia striker Mario Balotelli was left out of training on Tuesday
- Balotelli was sent home because his medical certificate is only valid on Wednesday
- Serie A teams trained in small groups and spread over certain days
- The 29-year-old remains on the verge of leaving his home club
Mario Balotelli was refused training from Brescia on Tuesday because his medical certificate is only valid on Wednesday.
Balotelli was caught on camera arriving at training before being advised to leave by a club official.
Players across Serie A – which restarts on June 20 – have been asked to present valid medical documents upon arrival at training grounds and stadiums.
Mario Balotelli arrived at training from Brescia on Tuesday morning before being told to leave
Balotelli was turned away because his medical certificate is only valid on Wednesday
Balotelli has had a difficult relationship with his hometown club since joining last summer
One Football reports that Balotelli was not supposed to resume training until Wednesday, with the club allowing certain groups to train on certain days.
It is believed that Balotelli had already sent a medical certificate to Brescia informing them that he was not able to train because he was suffering from gastroenteritis.
But since he told the club he had recovered, no one has been able to deal with the papers allowing him to return.
Balotelli, pictured here training on May 22, is under contract with the Serie A club until 2022
Brescia, which is in the northern Italian region of Lombardy, has faced strict restrictions in recent months due to the coronavirus pandemic.
As Italy emerged from containment, special measures remained in place to help prevent a second wave of the virus.
Balotelli’s situation at Brescia is said to be desperate, with club owner Massimo Cellino upset by the behavior of the former Manchester City striker.
Earlier this week, some reports suggested the 29-year-old had been sacked.
It was reported that Cellino sent a letter to Balotelli requesting the termination of his three-year contract at the club he joined last year after leaving Marseille.
Club owner Massimo Cellino has expressed regret after signing the 29-year-old forward
He is under contract with the club until 2022 but there is a termination clause at the end of the season if Brescia, 20th in the Italian first division, is relegated.
It comes after Balotelli, who earns £ 877,000 a year at Brescia, missed 10 days of training in January and a non-compulsory session on May 26.
He then missed another session last week without permission, prompting Cellino to take action after a meeting with Balotelli on May 29 to clean the air failed to materialize.
Former Leeds United owner Cellino himself has expressed regret for bringing Balotelli to the club.
“I think we both made a mistake,” Cellino told the BBC’s World Football program.
BALOTELLI’S SOUR FINS IN PREVIOUS CLUBS
Manchester City: Balotelli’s time at Manchester has not been uneventful with the striker’s behavior off the pitch documented as much as his time there. After three years, he left City in 2013. His exit came months after he decided to fight City’s decision to fine him two weeks’ salary for his poor disciplinary record the previous season when he had missed 11 games. The forward eventually dropped his case and accepted a fine, but it left a bitter taste.
Liverpool: A few months after arriving at Anfield in the summer of 2014, Balotelli found himself in the bad books of manager Brendan Rodgers. At half-time in Liverpool’s Champions League group stage match against Real Madrid, Balotelli traded shirts with opposition defender Pepe. Rodgers said: “This is something that is not happening here and should not be happening here.”
He was also suspended for a match and fined £ 25,000 for posting an image on social media that appeared to contain anti-Semitic and racist references. He was loaned to AC Milan in August 2015 but returned to Liverpool in 2016 with Jurgen Klopp in charge. Balotelli was not in Klopp’s plans and was excluded from Liverpool’s pre-season tour of the United States as well as domestic friendlies ahead of his departure for Nice.
Attractive: Sparks flew when Patrick Vieira took over the French team in 2018 with Balotelli already at the club. Balotelli came to preseason training in poor condition and was unable to play the first three games due to a court-ordered suspension. Vieira then made the decision to leave him out of the first team, with Balotelli only making 10 appearances. His contract was terminated in January 2019 and a move to Marseille could therefore be agreed.
About Balotelli, Vieira said: “As for Mario, I want to answer, or just slam him against the wall or let him hang by his collar on the coat rack, but I can’t, because I’m not no more a player.
Balotelli arrived in Brescia with a lot of fanfare and excitement but it quickly evaporated
“I thought that coming to Brescia, which is his city, would engage him a lot.
He added: “He’s not showing up for training, he doesn’t look very committed to, say, the future of the club. That’s the problem.
“Balotelli has a Serie A contract, but he does not have a Serie B contract. So if we are relegated, Balotelli will no longer have a contract.
“Balotelli apparently doesn’t like staying in Italy anymore because he doesn’t act that way.”