Every school will be slightly different, so before you apply, ask them what the entrance requirements are. But there are some general things you can do to get into nursing school.
- Obtain your high school diploma. You simply won’t be accepted without it.
- Decide on a career path. Do you want to be an RN? LPN? An LPN can be obtained in less time and has different requirements.
- Make a list of your top nursing schools. Since each school has slightly different requirements, only looking at a few schools will save you lots of time.
- Note all the prerequisites that you will need to meet. I explain more about prereqs below. If you don’t think you meet them, don’t be afraid to take a class at a community college before applying.
- Apply and prepare for an entrance exam and possible interview. There isn’t one common test every single nursing school uses, so be prepared to understand biology, math, and chemistry. However, most nursing schools use the TEAS Test.
That is basically it. The process for getting into nursing school is almost the same as getting into college. Only a bit more difficult.